Top 10 Things to Do in The Woodlands
The Woodlands, TX is a wonderful community for active adults 50 and up. No matter what your interests are, there’s many interesting and fun activities taking place around and near town. If you currently live in The Woodlands or are considering moving to an active living community, try out these great 10 activities in the area:
- Catch a concert. The popular Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion offers concerts in The Woodlands year round, ranging from classical music to classic famous singers and trendy new acts.
- Explore nature. The picturesque George Mitchell Nature Preserve is a great place to take lovely short hikes on their shaded trails, surrounded by trees and native animals.
- Go shopping. The Woodlands is full of great shopping options. Downtown, explore the local and specialty shops and restaurants that cover the Market Street waterfront. For an indoor experience, visit The Woodlands Mall, and for discount shopping, drive just out-of-town to the Houston Premium Outlets.
- Get on the waterfront. For a relaxing afternoon or evening, Take the free Woodlands Waterway Trolley around downtown The Woodlands and enjoy waterfront views. For a more active day, visit the Riva Row Boat House and rent a kayak.
- See a movie. Our local theaters, Cinemark Market Street and Tinseltown 17, feature the latest releases in XD and sell Starbucks products and other great snacks.
- Create art. Enjoy a fun art class for all age levels, bring a glass of wine or other favorite beverage to popular centers Painting With a Twist and Pinot’s Palette. For a more traditional art experience, try a variety of adult art classes at the Woodlands Art League.
- Taste delicious local produce. On Saturdays and seasonally on Tuesday nights, you can visit The Woodlands Farmers Market for delicious local food, entertainment, and activities.
- Play a round (or two). Golf is an activity many adults love, and The Woodlands delivers with several courses within city limits and tournaments throughout the year. For those looking for something a little different, the city also has two frisbee golf courses.
- Pamper yourself. The Woodlands has a number of great spas where you can receive a massage, beauty treatments, and other health benefiting services. A spa day is a great opportunity to relax and take care of yourself.
- Go for a swim. Swimming is fun, low impact exercise great for adults over 50, and The Woodlands delivers with more than a dozen indoor pools. The best known is the Rob Fleming Aquatic Center, which also has a lazy river, plunge pool, and for the adventurous, water slides.
Get in contact if you’d like to know more about the great opportunities available in The Woodlands.